BMK3
Verified Member-
Posts
89 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
Miami Marlins Videos
2026 Miami Marlins Top Prospects Ranking
Miami Marlins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
News
2025 Miami Marlins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Miami Marlins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by BMK3
-
I'm a Casey Schmitt guy. The fact that he got a whole lot of key hits against he Marlins may be coloring my thoughts. I need someone to free up Sanoja to give Lopez and Edwards multiple days off. Could be an interesting infield. Don't sleep on Graham Pauley. He made good strides last year. If he ever figures out that you are allowed to hit the ball to left field he could be a nice piece of third base.
-
Marlins to retain Clayton McCullough for 2027
BMK3 replied to Kevin Barral's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
I feel McCullough made far too many moves based on metrics and not on what he was seeing. Pulling pitchers who are pitching well because they are seeing hitters for the third time, playing a weak hitting righty line-up because a lefty was pitching are metrically driven. What is Jack McKeon doing these days. I also feel he overplayed Lopez and Edwards leading to severe dropoffs in end-of-year production. Hopefully he can rethink some of these. I do like the innovations he is willing to try. I think organizationally we are ahead of the curve. Perhaps we can keep the good and get rid of the bad. Go Fish!! -
As regards Alcantara, Bendix's history says no long term contracts, especially to pitchers (he may be right). However in Alcantara's case he clearly is the rock on which this team is built. I think he needs to be the exception. A new CBA may expedite an extension. A new spending requirement aside, our problem remains Bruce Sherman.
- 4 replies
-
- peter bendix
- sandy alcantara
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Midseason reports for every Marlins Top 30 prospect
BMK3 replied to Nathaniel Klaff's topic in Marlins Minor League Talk
where is Gage Miller- 5 replies
-
- thomas white
- robby snelling
- (and 8 more)
-
The Marlins must give Jack Ralston an opportunity
BMK3 replied to Ely Sussman's topic in Marlins Minor League Talk
I have been waiting to see him since his great spring training. I don't get the delay. I also think Garrett is ready for another shot while moving Phillips back to the back end of the bullpen where he is very effective. We NEED another lefty in the pen. Where is Randy Choate these days? -
Esteury Ruiz gives fans first look at how 2026 Miami Marlins were supposed to look
BMK3 commented on Sean Millerick's blog entry in Sean Millerick
You can't steal first. Getting on base is his issue. -
Marlins want to 'weaponize' Esteury Ruiz's speed
BMK3 replied to Kevin Barral's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
You can't steal first base. -
Video: How much does added power raise Liam Hicks' ceiling?
BMK3 replied to Ely Sussman's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
If I had to have one Marlin up with a guy on third and one out, it might be Liam Hicks. -
2026 Marlins Wish List: 5 Things I'd Like to See
BMK3 commented on Miller Lepree's blog entry in Miller's Corner
Five things: 1. I'd like to see this team off to a decent start. This organization often does not do that. A record of .500 on May 31 would do it. 2. Joe Mack catching with Gus 2 days a week. 3. Health for the back end of the bullpen. Include Nardi and Josh White in this. 4. Stowers and Marsee doing what I hope they can do. 5. Clayton McCullough winning manager-of=the-year. -
Back with Marlins, Chris Paddack looking to reset
BMK3 replied to Alex Carver's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
The article presented the idea that the Marlins "competitive window" may be opening. I actually think that is true and am looking forward to how this year proceeds. I also think Paddock can give McCullaugh a "window" to sort out his pitching options. -
His surgery was so long ago that he was able to not push or be under pressure to return. That should allow for very well controlled rehab that is now done.
- 4 replies
-
- braxton garrett
- agustin ramirez
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
What the Marlins can expect out of Chris Paddack in 2026
BMK3 replied to Sean McCormack's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
If this guy can just not walk a lot of hitters and keep the ball in the park, I will be fine. I was really upset when they first traded him. Welcome back. -
Marlins sign Chris Paddack to one-year, $4M deal
BMK3 replied to Kevin Barral's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
This is a not exciting, but just fine signing. He is not going to win any awards , but will give them a chance to sort out their eventual rotation. No biggie but OK. -
Video: Why the Marlins traded Ryan Weathers now
BMK3 replied to Kevin Barral - Isaac Azout's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
This is my problem with the Weathers deal. I would bet that Ryan Weathers probably wins 12 or more games this year. I also would bet that all four of the guys we got will have O rbis in the major leagues this year. When are we going to start worrying about THIS YEAR. I am OK with the Cabrera deal because I feel we probably got major league ready talent in return. Fortunately for the Marlins, I simply love my baseball. I do not feel the entire fan base feels the same. -
Video: Why the Marlins traded Ryan Weathers now
BMK3 replied to Kevin Barral - Isaac Azout's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
muy bien -
Why these 3 remaining free agent pitchers should interest Marlins
BMK3 replied to Kevin Barral's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
Innings eating veterans are the road to mediocrity. I much prefer high upside young pitchers like Snelling and White. Speaking of pitchers returning from Tommy John, don't sleep on Dax Fulton. Another pitcher we seem to forget about is Andrew Nardi. The FO has a better idea of his rehab and signed him and kept him on the 40 man roster. This is the guy Schumacher brought in late with runners on base to get out of jams. He could be a real major +++. Go Fish! -
Sometimes the best moves are the ones you do not make.
- 8 replies
-
- christopher morel
- matt pushard
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
2025-26 fall/winter ball updates on Marlins players
BMK3 replied to Ely Sussman's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
I have to take a little bit of a breath here, but I'm feeling that we are not done with Jacob Berry just yet. First base, third base, switch hitter. Some times it takes some time.- 5 replies
-
- griffin conine
- starlyn caba
- (and 8 more)
-
Marlins trade Dane Myers to Reds for prospect Ethan O'Donnell
BMK3 replied to Ely Sussman's topic in Miami Marlins Talk
Like the deal although I feel Dane definitely had pluses as a fourth outfielder. Bendix is a bat-to-ball contact guy, not a fat ass power guy. I like it.

