Jump to content
Fish On First
  • Create Account

Hans Herrera

Verified Member
  • Posts

    252
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Miami Marlins Videos

2026 Miami Marlins Top Prospects Ranking

Miami Marlins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

News

2025 Miami Marlins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Miami Marlins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hans Herrera

  1. And a propos on Starters signed by less than $5M: Even though Quantrill looks every bit of what they signed him for, he’s still the wrong Q, as Jose “Lelo” Quintana is having yet another great season 🙃
  2. Wow. An entire article about s***** free agents signed by the Marlins without naming the second-highest paid Marlin this season. That’s remarkable! Also, no love for Wags? I think he’s almost the same as Q: Not good but usable. The bar is actually extremely low.
  3. Moreover, I wonder if the analytics have been / can be applied to old footage from Marlins’ players and prospects, something as like “retroactive analytics” in order to understand what went right and wrong with previous players and prospects, including previous drafts, of course.
  4. I don't think it is a good idea to trade him at his lowest value. Keep working on the mental part and the pitching analytics, hoping for better results in the second half. Even more, if the team finishes the year on a high note (say, around 72-75 wins), I say they should keep him for next year. They would probably get better return by trading Weathers or even Meyer.
  5. #DontTradeEddy He still has 3 years under control, and I agree with Alex that IT LOOKS LIKE the Marlins can actually compete within 3 years, if so, we need him. As much as I like Thomas White, he does not have the potential Eddy still has, who I believe hasn't reached his peak yet! I think the ones gone by the trade deadline are Jesús Sánchez, Anthony Bender, Nick Fortes, and maybe Faucher. I don't think they'll get enough for Sandy, and no team will offer enough for Cabrera - at least what the FO thinks is worth him.
  6. I think you could perfectly include Calvin Faucher in that group. He had a rough start of the year, but apart from that 6-run outing vs the Cubs, he's been excellent. Also, has closing experience, which is appealing to other clubs. With three more years of club control, many teams can be interested in him, with a decent return. Even I had my doubts about Eddy Cabrera, but he has been solid since May. Now that Weathers is out for several months and Meyer is still on the shelf, I don't think it is a good idea to trade him. The rotation is looking better for the second half: Sandy-Eddy-Eury-Quantrill + I guess Junk or Bellozo should do it until Max comes back.
  7. Edwards at 2B and Lopez at SS? No s***. Who outta thought.
  8. Edwards Stowers Wagaman Sánchez Ramírez Mervis Norby Myers López
  9. 1. It's only been two games, but Gus' defense has not been horrific. You can ask Max Meyer. He has to improve, yes, but he has two games under his chest guard. 2. I think that question can be answered more quickly whenever Fortes comes back from the IL. Are they sending him back down? Or returning Hicks to the White Sox? Or optioning someone else (Pauley, Simon)? Kind of a good problem to have, and the Jumbo Shrimp has FOUR catchers on its roster... clearly, a 5th is not needed. 3. DLS: We all hope for the best from him, but so far this 2025, he has 28 K's in 90-ish ABs... No bueno.
  10. is it just me, or the fact that this team is scoring runs keeps everyone enjoying this season? A bit better outcome from the starters and some small tweaks in the bullpen, and this team can look dangerous!
  11. BTW, Quantrill is looking terrible. lots of hard contact, not fooling anyone, barely surviving 5 innings. I know it's early, but the other "Q" (José Quintana) is looking like an ace compared to Cal.
  12. OK, in-game question: Say Hicks pinched-hit for Brantly in the 6th. The very next inning, Mervis replaced Bride as DH. If Hicks had an injury in the 8th inning, who could have been the Marlins' emergency catcher in this case? Bride caught 11 games in the minors in 2022, but I dunno about any of the other players. Sanoja? Wags? Low probability, but a tad risky.
  13. I guess the pitcher to be sent down will be Arias, but Soriano deserves it better. Bride won't be sent down coz he has no options left, and he also started kind of slow last year before catching fire late in the season. Then it comes to choosing between Wagaman (3 options left), Pauley (2), and Conine (3). My money would go to Pauley.
  14. As of today, Sandy. He should be the first player to spend his entire career in Miami. Apart from him, and again as of today, none. Hear me out: Edwards has only half of a successful season. Norby hasn't even started. Eury needs to be evaluated after recovering from the surgery. Jesús has been pretty inconsistent. All of the other starters are often injured. None of the position players are worth a long shot until they prove they are MLB players for at least a full season. If Edwards does good this season, then lock him up! As for the prospects, let them play in the big leagues first, and then we'll see. Scott Kingery, Evan White, anyone? We don't have the Acuña, Merrill, or Chourio-type of prospects.
  15. Interesting to see the age groups! Pitching staff: No pure "prospect" (younger than 25) but lots of 26-27, so there's still a tiny bit of room for improvement. Only two pitchers older than 27 and none above 29. Position players: 8 out of 12 players are 25 or younger! I think this is great. More importantly, the "youngsters" are actually the ones playing most of the time, as Almora, Navarreto, and Winkler were on the bench most of the weekend. DLS and Ramírez: 7 and 5 strikeouts... ouch!
  16. I'm not the biggest fan of Bellozo, but he continues to prove that he's a decent option for the 5th spot (or 3rd spot, in this case). I'll take 4.1 innings of 1-run ball any day, and he could have completed 5 innings for sure. I guess sending him down has more to bring a fresh arm to the bullpen, as a 5th starter won't be needed until the 8th of April, at least I hope it's that.
  17. Speaking of which, can we get projected depth charts for JAX, Pensacola, and Beloit? I'm still not sure about the Jumbo Shrimp rotation.
  18. A surprise to see Hicks seizing the starting job out of the gate, but hey, the bar is very low given Fortes' offensive output. And not to take any merits from Hicks, his glovework looks like any MLB regular. Kyle Stowers: Didn't look good last year, hasn't looked good this year either, and also, he still has one option left. I think both he and Conine in the roster are kind of redundant. Brantly, Almora Jr., and Simón are next in line in case of another position-player injury. What about Soriano? He has pitched well this Spring, better than Henríquez, at least. But I guess he's heading to JAX because he still has one option left. Oh, well...
  19. With most of the awards going to AAA players, one can think of why the transition between this level and the Majors has been so troublesome for players. Let's not forget the best defensive 1B on the planet, Lewin Díaz, who did not win this award but could have perfectly earned it in 2021 or 22. Is it maybe the coaching? Or was (is) the farm system so bad the last 5 years that they cannot produce a single decent position player?
  20. The fact that José Quintana signed for $5M makes me wonder if the Fish even reached out to him. An early call, I would rather Quintana than Quantrill (are they the only two starters with last name with Q?)
  21. I was about to text on Joe Mack. He's been steadily climbing the ladder from upper20s prospects to now a top 10. Very happy for him and hopefully he can have his cup of coffee this year. My "underdog" prospects are Serna and Valor. Consistency is the key!
  22. Of course, but say Mervis AND Wagaman are looking really really good, while López is having a slow ST. That means Wagaman can start 3B, Mervis at 1B, and Norby gets to start at 2B so Otto is relegated to the bench. I've said it before: In any .500-ish decent team, López is a bench player, more or less the profile Miggy Ro has with the Dodgers. I think Norby is the priority to be in the starting lineup for Opening Day (barring injuries). If something clicks right for both Mervis and Wagaman during this ST, López is the one out, not Norby. Provided, López has a +95% guaranteed place in the 26-man roster (again, barring injuries), as he is the better glove of the group and had a terrific second half last year. I guess the Marlins are hoping for both Mervis and Wagaman to crack the roster, but if one of them improves, that's a huge win for the team.
×
×
  • Create New...