Jump to content
Fish On First
  • Create Account

Chad Turner

Verified Member
  • Posts

    259
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

Miami Marlins Videos

2026 Miami Marlins Top Prospects Ranking

Miami Marlins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

News

2025 Miami Marlins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Miami Marlins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Chad Turner

  1. I wanted Brooks Lee also, especially when I watched the two defensively. I think we have fixed the problem. Everyone is happy with this draft. I feel we got a younger Berry and a version of Lee in this last draft, but 10 picks later and on a budget. That enabled us to nail the rest of the draft too. I think we go 10 of the top 200 ranked picks that signed.
  2. As Ely pointed out, he was battling injuries earlier in the season, which led to an atrocious April/May. Berry has been much better the last 2 months - hitting close to .300. But he still has a lot to prove.
  3. Great list. After seeing clips of Shim pitch, I think I was low on him. I also think you were right to remove Cappe. As for Norby, I hope you're right! I think 23 errors in his last 134 games at 2B is a bit much, but the bat looks great (although his K rate has increased at age 24). Hopefully he's Dan Uggla and not Isan Diaz. I am very disappointed with the FG list. They have Yohanfer Santana 7 and Martorella 8. Come on. Norby (18?) is much better than them. I also think Valor (30?) is going to be better than Cova (14). BA has this wrong too. I am most pumped about DLS. His numbers since last July are insane and he just turned 21. I don't care about his shortcomings. I was tempted to put him #1. This is more than a hot streak. This is real. He's giving me Stanton/Ozuna tingly vibes. I'm glad you put him top 5. FG has him at 13. Boo! I'm nervous about Agustin Ramirez. He's a career .265 guy and batting .263 this year. I know he has power, but he looks stiff to me. I also don't see him sticking at C or 1B, so he's a RF/DH guy to me. I see Avi Garcia when I watch him.
  4. Yep. I think it's just the ease and rhythm of his swing - very similar to Arraez. He has a naive, calm confidence. Plus these really good contact hitters don't have as much variance when they make the jump that the power guys have. We were all worried about his lingering shoulder injury affecting his throwing motion. He went to a sidearm throw to compensate. He still reverts to it some and is off alignment. He definitely will never have the strongest arm in the league, but his instincts make up for it I think. He gets my vote to stick at SS. Obviously I want to see the season end dWAR, but right now it's 0.3. Not bad!
  5. Factors I consider: Current performance, age, upside, past performance, pedigree, defense, character. For hitters: Contact, power, patience, defensive instincts, speed, arm, glove. For pitchers: Control, velo, nastiness, pitch mix. I am not including unknown players in the DSL. Way too unpredictable. I'm sure I missed someone, and this exact order was somewhat thrown together, but I studied hard. SP Max Meyer SP Thomas White SP Noble Meyer 3B Deyvison De Los Santos SP Robby Snelling DH Agustin Ramirez OF Dillon Head SS Carter Johnson RF PJ Morlando 2B Connor Norby CF Victor Mesa Jr SP Adam Mazur SS Javier Sanoja SS Jared Serna SP Karson Milbrandt OF Jakob Marsee DH Jacob Berry C Joe Mack U Graham Pauley 1B Nathan Martorella CF Luis Cova SP Aiden May CF Andres Valor SP Jacob Miller CF Andrew Pintar RF Kemp Alderman SP Juan De La Cruz SP Keyner Benitez 2B Gage Miller CL Nigel Belgrave SP Eliazar Dishmey C Will Banfield 1B Brock Vradenburg SP Will Schomberg SS Jay Beshears C Garret Forrester SP Grant Shephardson OF Kyle Stowers CF Shane Sasaki 2B Abrahan Ramirez RF Kemp Alderman RF Griffin Conine 1B Troy Johnston RP Josh Ekness RP Anthony Maldonado SP Jun-Seok Shim U Wilfredo Lara SP Emmett Olson C Ryan Ignoffo SP Roddery Muñoz SS Payton Green OF Fenwick Trimble SP Nick Brink OF Jacob Jenkins-Cowart 3B Dub Gleed SP Luis Cesar SP Hamlet Garcia RF John Cruz SP Walin Castillo SP Jake Brooks 2B Josh Zamora SS Johnny Olmstead CF Mark Coley SS Cody Schrier RP Luarbert Arias RP Xavier Meachem OF Colby Shade RP Yohanfer Santana C Victor Ortega S/R Josh White
  6. I think this is a very fair trade. Once Seattle went for Arozarena we lossed leverage. Jazz doesn't have the best rep, and injury history, and he's a career .245 hitter. We got a really good DH prospect who can possibly play C, 1B, or be a Stanton type in RF. He's a 45 rated guy all day. Serna doesn't have a big upside, but he's a 40+ prospect to me. And the young buck might fill out and be the best of the bunch. He's hitting .348 stateside, and could possibly stick at 3B. If he keeps his average up, he could sneak into the top 15 this winter. That being said, I like Deyvison better than Augustin.
  7. Sliding into the top 10! Watch out Eli.
  8. And how about 3B/OF McAdoo and a P from the Pirates for Scott.
  9. My dream would be C Ford, 3B Williamson, and 1B Locklear from Seattle.
  10. I don't see us competing for a championship until 2028. Jazz doesn't fit into that timeline. Next. Give me 3 good prospects that that would slide into our top 15. Make a couple of them corner infielders.
  11. The Marlins have drafted the most players ranked in the top 250 by MLB.com with 9, so our strategy really worked (if Morlando is any good). I’m impressed if we get them all signed. All of our picks are between 6’0 and 6’6. None of our picks appear to be from latin or African descent. At least one Valedictorian (Brink). We took a HS pitcher from Colorado (I think the 3rd one ever). That's rare air! I always get a kick out of the baseball draft names. Here are the Marlins top 5 so far: PJ Morlando, Fenwick Trimble, Gage Miller, Nick Brink, and my favorite- Dub Gleed. Only 3 pitchers (8 bats). Morlando was ranked #12 by Baseball America in January '24. 5 picks were west of the Mississippi. Zero from Florida. All were born in this century. All of them throw right handed (3 bat lefty). Only 3 from high school.
  12. My worst nightmare is Cam Smith going 15th.
×
×
  • Create New...