Jump to content
Fish On First
  • Create Account

Jose Herrera

Verified Member
  • Posts

    295
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Miami Marlins Videos

2026 Miami Marlins Top Prospects Ranking

Miami Marlins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

News

2025 Miami Marlins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Miami Marlins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jose Herrera

  1. Thank you @Kevin Barral for sharing that clip of Johnny Long, he has a nice compact swing. That is a cool mention of Cody Schrier too, I did not know he played for us. You wonder if he was the 2nd best high school S.S in California & played for U.C.L.A that he should have some world beater in him, right?
  2. @One Regend Cade Gibson is a great pitcher, but we messed up his mojo by making him start the year in Triple-A after pitching well last season. I think our problem is that we are running out of gas. If we want to make a serious playoff run, we should consider D.F.A Pete Fairbanks and let Kyle Stowers fully recover from his injury. DLO & JOSH WHITE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FILL IN. It was very frustrating last night watching Kyle Stowers not be able to run well. Too, letting Pete Fairbanks try to figure things out at this point in the season is not a great idea. These next few games are important because if get the ball rolling, we will hopefully get Anthony Bender back & maybe even Max Meyer later on.
  3. I did not know young Ryan Dempster was that good, but breaking the record by 44 strikeouts does show how awesome Jose Fernandez was. What a play by Adeiny Hechavarría in the bottom of the 9th🤯
  4. Earlier this season I thought John King pitched well enough to be considered an all-star. Maybe if he goes unclaimed, we can bring him back up in September when the roster expands. I think what could have played into this decision is that M.L.B teams need to call up players before September if you want them to qualify for an active roster spot for the postseason? If so, bringing up Jack Ralston makes sense. Hopefully this is not the end, but if so thank you John King.
  5. Wow I was not expecting D-Train as a Red to be there.
  6. I think Ryan Gusto can come on like Jansen Junk if we keep letting him start games. It would be nice to have another 4-5 starter that can give us 4-5 quality innings. By the way, nice job sticking the bat out Javi!
  7. I know Brayden Taylor is batting .80 but how does he have a .368 on base percentage? With his approach, if begins hitting better he is going to wear out pitchers. It is great that Echedry Vargas is playing great after his tough start for Beloit. Maybe he did not like playing in the Mid-West?
  8. I did not know Dlo swiped that many bags, he is on the cusp on having a 20/20 season. My guess is we must hold on to Leo Jimenez until Javier Sanoja returns to a full-time bench role. No one else can come off bench and play the middle infield positions. Great article @Ely Sussman
  9. If we are going to sweep someone needs to start slapping Tyler Phillips soon.
  10. @2qbn DeLos for sure. It is unbelievable that he is not even a top 30 prospect anymore. Talk about being snubbed. Someone needs to write an article explaining why?
  11. @2qbn I like Pauley G and think he should get regular at bats. However, to your point watching us hold back good players in the minors has been beyond annoying. Sad but it might be time to move on from Leo Jimenez soon😔
  12. @THOMAS JOSEPH All winning the World Series is just being the last team standing, just ask Jacob Berry & the Jumbo Shrimp. We will eventually get there for sure.
  13. @THOMAS JOSEPH I do not know, but I plan on being ready for the 2027 season regardless.
  14. Good luck Jacob, I hope you get regular at bats in K.C. Thank you for that clincher!
  15. @THOMAS JOSEPH I think we can sneak up on anyone, but the Padres did get much better. Mize & Ray😵‍💫
  16. @Hans Herrera That behavior is more than likely a thing of the past. This may be Bro-Science but if a salary cap & floor come out of the C.B.A this offseason then we will HAVE to spend money. Alcantara, Edwards & Lopez will all be great options to extend to raise our salary floor.
  17. Looks like trading Hicks & Norby will clear playing time for D.D.L.S & Gus going forward. Trading Bachar will now open a spot for Jack Ralston or Josh White. Victor Vodnik is a decent insurance option in case Fairbanks flames out. All in all, I give the front office a B+. I'm excited to see what all our new players will do. Plus, the new roles existing players will take on. The Hicks’s trade was cool because we flipped a former rule 5 pick for two first rounders and legitimate pitching prospect. Shoot all the prospects we picked up are solid.
  18. Good luck Lake, you are a great player. Thank you, it always felt that if we were in the midst of a crazy comeback or nailbiter you were pitching.
  19. Good luck Liam, thank you. We will miss you! Not sure we needed more shortstops unless...
×
×
  • Create New...