Jump to content
Fish On First
  • Create Account

Shawn

Verified Member
  • Posts

    143
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Miami Marlins Videos

2026 Miami Marlins Top Prospects Ranking

Miami Marlins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

News

2025 Miami Marlins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Miami Marlins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Shawn

  1. I about fell over when Soriano went into the game he’s been terrible for 2 years now but keeps getting chances needs to go. In the second game why was wagamen not pinch hit for with runners on second and third. Had two lefties on the bench in Johnson and hicks yet it’s wagamen. I don’t get the love affair with him and this coaching staff I’ve seen nothing that makes me think he’s a long term big leaguer.
  2. At least it was a complete team effort in blowing the game. I was at a complete loss when he sent Simpson out there, top of the lineup and all righties. Hopefully cabby can go 7 or 8 tonight I’m sure there going to change out some bullpen arms before the game today cause there no one down there at this point that not worked in last two days.
  3. Marlins sweep/ Otto MVP second half marlins follow 2 losses with 4/5 game win streaks going to make it 6
  4. They were very sloppy last night. Looked to me that Sandy was throwing the curve to much, in his last two starts was the same way but this Astors team was ready for it. Think he needs to throw the two seamer more often. Hopefully they all rebound tonight they played very sloppy last night.
  5. Need to extend him now, he will be to expensive 3 years from now lock him up with team friendly deal.
  6. Can someone explain why wagamen was in there yesterday instead of Troy? I don’t get this love affair with wagamen, they said some about they like the way he’s swinging I don’t see it. He’s a 6’4 first basemen with no power even he’s singles are hit weak. Troy better defensively and has a better bat you called him up let him play!
  7. Was a great game these kids just don’t quit. Making the playoffs still a long shot but if they finish 500 or a game or two above I’d be very happy marlins fan and I think they can do it.
  8. Don’t trade any starter other than Cal, there’s not a lot of depth at triple a with starters. I’d trade Jesus, Faucher, and call it day. Possibly get weathers back late August and you’re looking at a strong rotation that can surprise the league and make a playoff push.
  9. It’s about time, hope he’s starting tonight, wagamen is completely lost at the plate for over a month now. Troy always looked good in spring and has been consistent throughout the minors let’s see what he’s got.
  10. I’m just wondering why Gus is getting any reps at 1st like hicks. First off wagamen is not the answer, for what ever reason Troy Johnston will never get a chance first base needs to be addressed. I wouldn’t bring Mack up until September at the earliest.
  11. The way they are playing if they go out and get a small upgrade at 3rd base and they could be in this race. I’d like to see them go after Ramon Uris from Baltimore gold glove and a decent bat be big upgrade over graham.
  12. If that’s the version of Sandy moving forward I pray he’s not traded. 12:10 start today had 15 thousand fans in the stands keep these guys together. There 5 under and the hottest team in baseball. I say trade Jesus, and fortes try to get a 3rd baseman out of it graham not the answer over there. They sell Sandy and cabby you count on attendance dropping and there’s nobody ready to replace them in the rotation. Even if you don’t make the playoffs this year run it back next year when weathers, Garrett, and Myers is back then see what you can get for Sandy and cabby over the winter.
  13. Fortes needs to be behind the plate during eury starts until he’s traded. I like Gus but he’s not a catcher it’s time to get him some reps at first. I was screaming at the Tv from the first your throwing to many fastballs they where sitting on them. Nick calls a much better game and frames so much better, feel it will set up eury better for success.
  14. I’m a huge fan of Sandy. With that said it’s time to ship him off to the bullpen. The demotion might be the kick in the butt he needs to get his confidence back. He’s a liability in the rotation but could be weapon out the bullpen. If he figures it out in the bullpen you can build him back up in the spring and give him another shot in the rotation.
  15. They’re playing really good baseball as of late, all the more reason not to not trade Sandy and cabby. This team can compete next year.
  16. I agree that that wagaman is not the answer at first and targeting a first baseman would be ideal. Still lost to why they won’t give Troy Johnston a look but I convinced he’ll never get a chance. I don’t think trading Sandy is necessary or a good move, with him coming back to form. Pitching been the problem all year, this team is young and only going to get better with more AB. A 5 man rotation of healthy Sandy, Eury, weathers, Myers, and Cabby with average offense is a playoff team.
  17. I don’t see any reason to trade Sandy. This team could be competitive next year. The pitching been the Achilles heal all year. Next year if healthy a rotation of Alcanta, Cabby, Myers, Perez, and weathers would be a nightmare for teams. With all the young hitters on this team should only be better next year with all the AB there getting this year. It’s not inconceivable that they can make the playoffs with an improved bullpen.
  18. I quite honestly just can’t stand watching Clayton manage this team. It seems to me every instinct the man has is wrong. He’s to dependent on analytics instead of watching a reacting to how his players are performing. Cabby gave up two singles to the same guy, third time through or not at 82 pitches he earned the right to at minimum finish the 7th. The bullpen is overworked due to the fact he won’t let anyone other than Sandy go past 80 pitches.
×
×
  • Create New...