Jump to content
Fish On First
  • Create Account

Chad Turner

Verified Member
  • Posts

    259
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

Miami Marlins Videos

2026 Miami Marlins Top Prospects Ranking

Miami Marlins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

News

2025 Miami Marlins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Miami Marlins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Chad Turner

  1. That interview with Brad was the coolest thing I've seen on here yet. I would pay extra for his top 30 prospect list!. Thanks for having content like this.
  2. Thanks for posting this. I feel like we have 3 2B in Norby, X, and Otto, and 4 DH/1B in Agustin, DLS, Bride, and Burger. I also hate the OF defense you have. We are a mess. Perhaps we sign vets on 1 year deals in CF and C and hope that Mesa, Sanoja, or Marsee are ready in CF by the trade deadline. We got Banfield and Mack at C in the queue. We also need to sign a closer.
  3. That's Papa Smurf, not Santa. You may be too young to know. LOL
  4. In his first season behind the plate, he’s thrown out 24 of 102 runners and allowed 15 passed balls, so he has some work to do to stick at C. He turned 24 last month (4.5 yrs older than Thomas White) and his power tool is mediocre for that age at A/A+, so my expectations are tempered. The hit tool is great though. If he improves his defense this winter, I could see him starting in AA next year. I would bet on him making the majors in a couple of years. I have not seen him play though.
  5. Well I actually think we can start winning next year. But we have work to do to get there. This is the kind of player who can help us win vs rushing Mesa up when he's not ready. Hill and Myers could just be late bloomers.
  6. In 79 AB before July 6th, he was hitting .190, 0 HR, 15 Ks. Terrible. Since then, he's 29-for-102 (.284 AVG), 3 HR and only 7 Ks. That's more like it. What a great K-rate. He has speed with 36 SB, so I imagine his defense is good enough to stick in CF. Unfortunately, we only have 2 games to go in the DSL season. Let's get this guy stateside next year and see what he can do!
  7. Next year, the rebuild will continue, but I think we have a chance to be pretty decent. Why? It starts with the rotation. We’ve used 13 different starters this year, and none of those were named Sandy or Eury. It's been a crazy year with all the injuries. We now have rookies in AAA that can be pencilled into the lineup. DLS at 1B, Norby at 2B, and Agustin at C will all be competing for starting spots. I would bet on Sanoja winning the super-utility role, if not starting CF. Burger, X, and Sanchez are locked in. I would think Fortes is our opening day C. Bride has been a pleasant surprise. I can still see Myers getting a chance in the OF. A LF vet would be my choice for the place to spend the most. I think Tyler O'Neil would be a nice fit, and could be cheap enough with his injury history. Maybe 2 years, $14mm with a club option for '27? Others could be Conforto, Profar, or Winker. Obviously the back of the 'pen will have to be addressed. My dream would be to bring back Tanner Scott and lock him up for 3 years, $30mm. He's a bulldog. But I doubt that happens. We obviously need a closer though. I could also see us bring in some cheap vets on 1 year contracts if we don't feel the rookies are ready. I don't see Ali Sanchez, Nick Gordon, David Hensley, Emmanuel Rivera, Cristian Pache, David Hensley, or Kyle Stowers sticking around. Vidal Bruján, Otto Lopez, Derek Hill, and Johnny Pereda could still be competing in the spring if they do well the rest of the year. The Marlins are 12-13 in the second half with a bunch of scrubs. Remember when we were predicting a rotation of Sandy, Eury, Brax, Luzardo, and Sixto? Well they are all on the IL (Weathers too). And Rogers got traded. On opening day, our 1-4 hitters were Arraez, Bell, DLC, and Jazz. All gone. Our pen? Scott, Chargois, Brazoban, Hoeing, and Puk got traded. And we dumped Okert and Berti just before opening day. Our top FA signings were released (TA and Bethancourt). My point is, this is the best coaching job I’ve ever seen. If we don’t retain Skip (and Mel), I’m gonna puke. Locking Skip up long-term will be our biggest off-season move.
  8. Thomas WhiteDeyvison De Los Santos 44 HR, over .300 avg mostly as a 20 yr old in AA and AAA over the last 13 months. I'm on the DLS train!!!Noble MeyerConnor NorbyAgustín RamírezRobby SnellingDillon HeadCarter JohnsonPJ MorlandoAdam MazurVictor Mesa Jr.Javier Sanoja How can you put him behind Serna? He's younger and in AAA all year. The bat, speed, and D are similar. Plus Sanoja plays CF too. Jared SernaAndrés ValorJacob BerryKarson MilbrandtJoe MackGraham PauleyDax FultonJakob MarseeLuis CovaKeyner Benitez He's 1.4 years younger than JDLC and got called up to A two months before him. Perhaps JDLC has more velo but my age/level method rarely fails. Juan De La CruzAndrew PintarAiden MayJacob MillerJun-Seok ShimEliazar DishmeyRyan IgnoffoNigel Belgrave Abrahan Ramirez?
  9. I agree! I just worry about our squad being vertically challenged. 5'11- Fortes, Johnston, Berry 5'10- Bride, Brujan, X, Otto, Norby, Lara 5'9- Ignoffo 5'7- Sanoja, Serna At least our draft class is giant. They are all 6' and up
  10. Who is the better prospect? Serna is hot right now, but is a very similar player to Sanoja. They are both 5’7. Serna is 3 months older, but a level and a half behind. They both have 12 SB. They both walk a lot (Serna leads 43-42). But Serna has more than double the Ks (66-27). Serna leads in HRs (13-7), but Sanoja leads in avg (.288-.273). Serna has 33 2B and 0 3B, Sanoja has 27 2B and 5 3B. Call that even. Serna has 10 errors at SS, where he plays 90% of the time. He’s on 2B the other 10%. Sanoja plays 2B, SS, and CF pretty evenly and has 6 errors on the year. Who would you rather have? I think Sanoja. He's a Berti type but has time on his side. To be holding his own in AAA at 21 is amazing. The low K rate tells me that his bat will translate in MLB, especially in the super utility role. I think he beats out Brujan for a roster spot next spring. I think Serna could get called up next year, but only if X or Sanoja sees the IL. I have Norby pencilled in at 2B.
×
×
  • Create New...