Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Thursday’s Marlins MiLB notes: Avisaíl García (Jacksonville) played a full rehab game in right field, going 1-for-5 at the plate. Nasim Nuñez (Pensacola) walked three more times and stole two more bases. His walk total of 35 is second-highest in the Marlins organization while his 25 steals is by far the most in the org.
- After clearing waivers, Marlins Rule 5 Draft pick Nic Enright was returned to the Guardians. He’s been assigned to their Triple-A affiliate.
- Xavier Edwards is with the Marlins in Miami. Garrett Cooper, who has missed the previous two games, is a candidate to be placed on the injured list (again).
- Elsewhere around the majors, the Diamondbacks won their fifth straight game and now sit tied with the Dodgers atop the NL West standings. The Cardinals recalled top prospect Jordan Walker from the minors. Walker slashed .274/.321/.397 (101 wRC+) during his first 20-game MLB stint.
- Revisiting predictions from the Marlins vs. Padres series, Parker Heyser and Bella Pickman made perfect picks. Our new Prediction Time leaderboard is now up. Participate prior to every Marlins series opener (and support the FOF staff) by becoming a Super Subscriber.
- We’ve got a new episode of Fish On First LIVE tonight at 5:30 p.m. ET on YouTube/Twitch/Twitter. With chiropractic care and functional health, La Pop takes a preventative approach that optimizes wellness and quality of life for all ages. Find out more here!
- The Marlins have a 59.3% chance to win their series opener against the Athletics, per FanGraphs. Major League Baseball is celebrating Lou Gehrig Day and Jeff Conine is in the house for Flashback Friday festivities. High-A Beloit (doubleheader beginning at 5:05 p.m. ET) is at home, while Triple-A Jacksonville (6:35 p.m. ET), Double-A Pensacola (7:35 p.m. ET) and Low-A Jupiter (6:30 p.m. ET) are on the road. I would expect A.J. Puk to make rehab appearances with Pensacola tonight and Saturday.
- Louis Addeo-Weiss’ monthly What Went Well column focuses on Braxton Garrett, Jorge Soler, Bryan De La Cruz, Tanner Scott and Steven Okert.
- For the Marlins Beat newsletter, Paige Leckie writes about Eury Pérez‘s introduction to Shohei Ohtani.
- Glenn Geffner’s View from the Bleachers asks who will be the Marlins’ long-term answer at shortstop.
- We’re only a few days away from the FCL Marlins, DSL Marlins and DSL Miami opening their 2023 seasons, so I threaded together clips of key prospects who’ll be assigned to those affiliates. Follow the new @FishOnFirst Twitter account!
Featured image courtesy of @Marlins/Twitter