Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Thursday’s Marlins MiLB Notes: Charles Leblanc (Jacksonville) homered and drew two walks. He’s quietly flirting with a .400 on-base percentage this season. LHP Patrick Monteverde (Pensacola) concluded his productive 2023 regular season on a sour note (2.0 IP, 2 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 2 HR). Monteverde allowed home runs in each of his last eight starts after giving up only four total homers in his first 15. The Jupiter Hammerheads clinched the Florida State League East Division Series with an 11-inning victory. OF Kemp Alderman reached base safely four times. The FSL Championship Series begins Sunday.
- Marlins hitters slugged only .222 during the four-game series in Milwaukee.
- NL Wild Card race updates: the Diamondbacks and Reds lost by a combined score of 19-3. The Marlins are still only a half-game back of the third Wild Card spot.
- Elsewhere around the majors, the Red Sox fired chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom. The most notable transaction of his tenure was trading Mookie Betts to the Dodgers in February 2020. Boston finished last place in the AL East during two of Bloom’s first three seasons on the job and they’re in danger of doing so again this year. Yet another highly touted Orioles prospect has made it to The Show. The O’s called up outfielder/first baseman Heston Kjerstad, who was the second overall pick in the 2020 MLB Draft. The Rangers swept the Blue Jays and have won six straight games overall.
- We’ve got a new episode of Fish On First LIVE streaming tonight at 5:30 p.m. ET on YouTube/Twitch/Twitter. Super Subscribers, submit your series predictions before first pitch. With chiropractic care and functional health, La Pop takes a preventative approach that optimizes wellness and quality of life for all ages. Find out more here!
- The Marlins have a 40.7% chance to win their series opener against the Braves, per FanGraphs. Tony Pérez and Cookie Rojas are on hand for the Flashback Friday festivities, and the first 10,000 fans in attendance receive a Marlins-themed Flanigan’s cup. This marks the beginning of the team’s final regular season homestand. Check here daily for Rooster Race results. Triple-A Jacksonville (7:05 p.m. ET) and Double-A Pensacola (7:35 p.m. ET) are at home.
- Kevin Barral selects award winners for the 2023 Marlins minor league season.
- Throughout September and October, we’ll be posting extended 2023 highlight reels of top Marlins prospects. This week’s uploads feature INF Yiddi Cappe and UTIL Javier Sanoja. Please subscribe to the FOF YouTube channel!
- Christina De Nicola of MLB.com writes about Xavier Edwards receiving valuable everyday reps in the midst of a playoff chase and his aspirations to play shortstop in the future (the Marlins have only used him at 2B and CF).
- You may have noticed a slight change to the font that appears on this site! We were previously using “Raleway;” this new one is called “Commissioner.” I found it hard to discern punctuation marks with the old font, especially commas. Also, it was awkward how the font didn’t completely align numbers with letters. Your feedback on this matter is greatly appreciated as always.