Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Monday’s winter ball notes: RF Dane Myers went 1-for-3, but got caught napping off of first base. He was tagged out after turning his back to the action and breaking into a basketball jumpshot celebration of sorts.
- Elsewhere around baseball, Reynaldo López (3/$30M) signed with the Braves and Lance Lynn (1/$11M) signed with the Cardinals. Japanese star right-hander Yoshinobu Yamamoto was posted by MLB and the 45-day window for teams to negotiate with him has officially opened. The 2024 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot has been announced. The former Marlins players on the ballot are Gary Sheffield (10th year of eligibility), Mark Buehrle (fourth) and José Reyes (first). Zack Britton has retired. Britton, who spent his 12-year MLB career with the Orioles and Yankees, peaked in the mid-2010s as arguably the best reliever in the majors.
- This week on Big Fish Small Pod, Daniel Rodriguez is doing a series highlighting notable free agents for the Marlins to consider in each position group, continuing with infielders. Subscribe to Fish On First wherever you get your pods! Please leave us a rating and review.
- A reminder that The Offishial Show is back on a weekly schedule, delivering new episodes every Tuesday. My latest show unpacks the enigma that is Vidal Bruján—why has the former top prospect struggled so much with his transition to the majors?
- Today, Fish On First is conducting an exclusive interview with Skip Schumaker. If you have last-minute questions for the Marlins manager, please comment below.
- Marlins Historian asks you to select which of the four most famous Marlins-related songs is the best. I’d be surprised if anything other than “Marlins Will Soar” won the poll.
Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images