Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Jazz Chisholm Jr. served as “Chant Leader” during Sunday’s Miami Dolphins game. Ex-teammate and current free agent Jorge Soler also attended with his family.
- Elsewhere around baseball, we finally have a big free agent signing as Aaron Nola re-upped with the Phillies on a seven-year, $172 million deal. Nola received a full no-trade clause and doesn’t have any opt outs, so get used seeing him face the Fish for many years to come.
- On a cheaper note, Kevin Barral wrote about Lucas Giolito and Matt Moore as potential Marlins free agent targets.
- This week on Big Fish Small Pod, Daniel Rodriguez is doing a series highlighting notable free agents for the Marlins to consider in each position group, beginning with catchers. Subscribe to Fish On First wherever you get your pods! Please leave us a rating and review.
- Marlins first base coach Jon Jay interviewed for the Cubs’ bench coach job, per Bob Nightengale of USA Today. However, the Cubs “have now decided to go in a different direction.” For the time being, Brant Brown is the only 2023 Marlins coach to leave the organization.
- Jolly Olive of Jomboy Media treats us to a montage of Luis Arraez fouling off two-strike pitches that would’ve easily put away mere mortals.
- Happy 26th birthday to Marlins C Paul McIntosh. The former undrafted free agent has been one of Miami’s best minor league hitters since signing in 2021, slashing .251/.371/.464 with a 122 wRC+. He reached the Triple-A level for the first time this season and figures to once again be a non-roster invitee at big league spring training.
- Congrats to former Marlins executive Michael Hill and Priscila Fonseca, who got married on Saturday. Marlins IF/C Bennett Hostetler and Taylor Hostetler tied the knot as well.
Photo courtesy of Miami Marlins