Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Wednesday’s winter ball notes: CF Dane Myers (LIDOM) went 1-for-2 with three walks and two stolen bases.
- Brant Brown is joining the Mariners coaching staff, Daniel Kramer of MLB.com reports. After serving as Marlins hitting coach in 2023, Brown will have a “larger role” with his new club, according to Craig Mish of SportsGrid. This is the first known departure from Skip Schumaker’s staff and it means the Marlins will be searching for their fourth hitting coach in as many seasons. They had a poor offense under Brown’s tutelage, but several players insisted that his extensive scouting reports of opposing pitchers and personalized game plans put them in a position to be the best version of themselves.
- Elsewhere around baseball, MLB’s competition committee has proposed reducing the pitch clock with runners on base from 20 seconds to 18 seconds. ESPN’s Jeff Passan observes that only 14% of all 2023 pitch-clock violations came with runners on base, so the league sees it as an opportunity to continue trimming the fat from games.
- The latest episode of Fish On First LIVE focused on Brown, Schumaker and the Marlins’ 40-man roster moves. With chiropractic care and functional health, La Pop takes a preventative approach that optimizes wellness and quality of life for all ages. Find out more here!
- Fish On First has partnered with the Marlins Discord server! You can join the server for free to participate in around-the-clock Fish talk. There is also a private channel reserved for our valued Super Subscribers.
- The lone BBWAA writer to include Eury Pérez on his National League Rookie of the Year ballot, Jordan Shusterman of FOXsports.com, explains why he has such a high ceiling.
- Today at Miami Shores Tennis Club, old friend Pablo López is hosting a free event benefiting a local animal shelter.
- The NL MVP voting results will be announced tonight. I’m curious to see how many ballots include Luis Arraez (voters select their top 10 players). It would be a surprise if any other Marlins received votes.
Photo by Kevin Barral/Fish On First