Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Tuesday’s AFL/winter ball notes: SS Nasim Nuñez went 1-for-4 and stole three bases. RHP Zach McCambley and LHP Evan Taylor made scoreless relief appearances, while RHP Ike Buxton (2.2 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K) took the loss for the Peoria Javelinas. RF Dane Myers (LIDOM) went 1-for-4 with his fourth stolen base of the season.
- The Marlins have made their first roster moves under interim GM Brian Chattin to create some breathing room on the 40-man. Enmanuel De Jesus and Jeff Lindgren were outrighted to the minors…and so was Jonathan Davis?! Davis is the only mildly surprising one. He can reject the assignment and elect free agency, so this basically functions as an early non-tender (Davis would’ve been eligible for arbitration).
- A woman attending Game 3 of the 2021 World Series at Truist Park suffered injuries to her right eye from a ball thrown by Jorge Soler. Two years later, she has filed a lawsuit against Soler and the Braves seeking compensation. Our article includes the full lawsuit and analysis from a personal injury attorney.
- Marlins Members have access to today’s pre-sale for 2024 single game tickets. The general public has to wait until Thursday to purchase them.
- Elsewhere around baseball, the Rangers are on the verge of their first-ever World Series title after defeating the Diamondbacks in Game 4. They took an early 10-0 lead despite star outfielder Adolis García being removed from the roster due to injury. The 11-7 final score made the contest seem more competitive than it actually was.
- Join us tonight at 7:00 p.m. ET for a new edition of Fish On First LIVE on YouTube/Twitter/Twitch. With chiropractic care and functional health, La Pop takes a preventative approach that optimizes wellness and quality of life for all ages. Find out more here!
- With an opportunity to clinch the championship, the Rangers send Nathan Eovaldi to the mound to start Game 5. They’ve won all five of Eovaldi’s starts this postseason.
- Our 2023 Marlins Season Review series keeps expanding. Check back daily for more articles from the FOF staff.
- MLB Trade Rumors includes Jacob Stallings, JT Chargois and Garrett Hampson (and Davis) among this offseason’s possible non-tender candidates. The article clarifies that “this is not a list of players we think are likelier than not to be non-tendered. These are players we consider to have at least a 10% chance of being cut.” Only Stallings belongs in the “likelier than not” category, in my opinion.
- Christina De Nicola of MLB.com created a guide to the Marlins’ offseason.
- We conclude with some distressing though unsurprising research from Robert Frey, showing that the Marlins have been MLB’s least successful team at making trades over the last 12 years. Yes, the two next-worst teams happen to be in the World Series right now, but they had more than their fair of recent struggles before turning the corner.
Photo by Daniel Shirey/MLB Photos