Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Monday’s AFL/winter ball updates: IF Jacob Berry started at third base and went 0-for-5 in what was his first game action since August 29. RHP Zach McCambley (2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K) couldn’t hold Peoria’s lead in the bottom of the 10th inning, so the game ended in a tie.
- Luis Arraez is expected to be in tonight’s Game 1 Marlins lineup, per Skip Schumaker. Arraez hasn’t played a complete game since September 18 due to a left ankle sprain.
- Elsewhere around the majors, the Angels are parting ways with manager Phil Nevin. Aaron Boone is reportedly being retained as Yankees manager. Brandon Woodruff (Brewers) suffered a shoulder injury that could keep him out throughout the postseason.
- We’ve got a new episode of Fish On First LIVE streaming tonight at 7:00 p.m. ET on YouTube/Twitch/Twitter. Special guests: Alex Carr and Sean Millerick. Super Subscribers, submit your series predictions before first pitch. With chiropractic care and functional health, La Pop takes a preventative approach that optimizes wellness and quality of life for all ages. Find out more here!
- The Marlins have a 43.5% chance to win Game 1, per FanGraphs, and a 40.4% chance to win the series overall. All four Wild Card Series matchups get underway today. Good luck to old friend Pablo López in Minnesota!
- Free tickets are available (you can claim two per account) to tonight’s watch party at LoanDepot Park. Tickets also went on sale for the Marlins’ potential NLDS home games, which would be October 11 and October 12 (if necessary) against the Braves. The get-in price, including all fees, is $48.
- Speaking of get-in prices, TickPick says it’ll cost you $199 on the secondary market to get inside Citizens Bank Park tonight. Assuming you’re not there in person, be sure to follow Isaac Azout and Noah Berger throughout the series.
- Daniel Rodriguez highlights four unsung heroes who were crucial for the Marlins during the regular season.
- Alex Krutchik is convinced that Billy the Marlin would triumph over the Phillie Phanatic in a fight.
- John Turlington’s new Down the Dorsal breakdown revisits the final two wins that pushed the Marlins into the postseason.
- Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald reviews how the Marlins constructed a playoff-caliber roster under Kim Ng.
- Enjoy more Wild Card Series previews from Michael Baumann of FanGraphs, The Athletic and Ryan Schlesinger. Mark Feinsand of MLB.com gives the Phillies the advantage at every position except for second base, left field and center field.
- 2B Xavier Edwards and 1B Troy Johnston were named to MLB Pipeline’s Prospect Team of the Year second team.
- On this day 20 years ago, the Marlins took a 2-1 lead over the Giants in the NLDS thanks to Pudge Rodriguez’s 11th-inning walk-off single.
Photo by courtesy of Miami Marlins