- The Dominican Winter League season has just begun, while the Arizona Fall League is entering its third-to-last week. Check our Marlins fall/winter ball tracker regularly for updates.
- In postseason news, Nathan Eovaldi (Rangers) improved to 4-0 this month, completing at least six innings in each of those starts. Adolis García‘s grand slam secured Sunday’s victory, setting up a winner-take-all ALCS Game 7.
- Elsewhere around the majors, Padres manager Bob Melvin is interviewing for the same position with the Giants and considered the “leading candidate” to get it. Melvin’s imminent departure from San Diego reportedly stems from a rift between he and general manager A.J. Preller.
- The Phillies attempt to remain undefeated at Citizens Bank Park this postseason. A win tonight punches their ticket to the World Series. Max Scherzer and Cristian Javier are the probable starters in Houston with the American League pennant hanging in the balance.
- I prepare you for what the first phase of Marlins offseason roster moves will look like. It remains hard to gauge whether or not Josh Bell will exercise his opt-out, but I lean yes.
- Our 2023 Marlins Season Review series keeps expanding. The latest installments cover Jesús Sánchez and Johnny Cueto. Check back daily for more articles from the FOF staff.
- Former Marlins reliever AJ Ramos debuted his new show, “The Locker Room,” taking us inside the mind of a professional athlete and finding a balance between life on and off the field.
- Outfielder Noah Williamson was the Marlins’ 19th-round pick in the 2021 MLB Draft. He was cut this past summer before advancing beyond the Low-A level due to severe swing-and-miss issues. I only bring this up because he’s made an unconventional career move, signing with the Hyogo Bravers of Japan’s Sawakami Kansai Independent League. Good luck to Williamson!
- On this day 20 years ago, the Marlins beat the Yankees in Game 5 of the World Series. The Marlins haven’t played a postseason home game since then.
Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images