Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Monday’s AFL/winter ball updates: All three Marlins hitters were in the lineup as Peoria extended their undefeated streak. 3B Jacob Berry went 0-for-2 with a walk and a hit by pitch. C Paul McIntosh went 1-for-2 with a hit by pitch. SS Nasim Nuñez went 0-for-4 and turned two double plays.
- Today, Jazz Chisholm Jr. is undergoing surgery to repair turf toe in his right foot, according to MLB.com’s Christina De Nicola. It’ll be 12 weeks until he can return to wearing a shoe and begin a running progression. Chisholm suffered the injury way back on May 13 and it was understood that he’d eventually need surgery. He played through it in the meantime and started in center field for the Marlins on a nearly-daily basis during the final two months of the 2023 season. Barring unforeseen setbacks, he should be fully ready for spring training.
- Elsewhere around the majors, Zack Wheeler carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning, but the Braves bashed their way out of a 4-0 deficit to even their series with the Phillies. Austin Riley hit the game-winning, two-run homer in the eighth inning. After another strong road start from Zac Gallen, the Diamondbacks are a win away from upsetting the Dodgers.
- Congrats to Fish On First’s Kevin Barral on earning his second career Marlins Jeopardy victory. Rewatch the full competition here, dedicated entirely to 2023 season trivia. With chiropractic care and functional health, La Pop takes a preventative approach that optimizes wellness and quality of life for all ages. Find out more here!
- Both of the ALDS matchups resume today. The Rangers have an opportunity to complete a sweep, though understandably there will be a lot of viewers pulling for Israeli-American Orioles starter Dean Kremer in light of the ongoing conflict taking place in Israel.
- From Skip Schumaker‘s new Starkville interview, he describes how “fantastic” analytics have been at helping him determine when to utilize certain relievers based on the swing planes of opposing hitters. That’s part of a broader exchange about how he decides when to side with expected stats versus trusting his eyes and his gut.
- Louis Addeo-Weiss explains why Seth Lugo, Mark Canha and Austin Hedges could be under-the-radar fits for the Marlins.
- Voting for the 2023 Hank Aaron Award remains open through Friday. Luis Arraez is among the National League nominees.
Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty Images