Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Wednesday’s Marlins MiLB notes: Avisail Garcia (Jacksonville) went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in his second rehab game. In a spot start, Archie Bradley stretched out to 61 pitches over five scoreless innings. Troy Johnston (Pensacola) homered for his 21st extra-base hit, which leads all Marlins prospects this season.
- The Marlins got their 16th one-run win of the season (nobody else has more than 11).
- Elsewhere around the majors, the Rays became MLB’s first team to reach 40 wins (nobody else is even above 35). The Guardians matched a season-high with 12 runs to overcome Shane Bieber‘s worst start of 2023 and beat the Orioles.
- MLB All-Star voting is underway. The Marlins players listed on the ballot are Luis Arraez, Jon Berti, Jazz Chisholm Jr., Garrett Cooper, Bryan De La Cruz, Avisaíl García, Jean Segura, Jorge Soler and Jacob Stallings, but you’re able to write in any of the other hitters who have appeared in regular season games this season. You can vote up to five times per email address in any 24-hour period during the first phase of voting, which goes through 12:00 p.m. ET on June 22.
- Here are more details about our Super Subscriber offer. You can sign up directly on this site by clicking the widget below for as little as $3 per month (you can customize a larger amount if you’re feeling generous).
- The Marlins have a 46.6% chance to win their series finale against the Padres, per FanGraphs. High-A Beloit (7:35 p.m. ET) is at home, while Triple-A Jacksonville (6:35 p.m. ET), Double-A Pensacola (7:35 p.m. ET) and Low-A Jupiter (4:30 p.m. ET) are on the road.
- Nic Enright remains in DFA limbo.
- FanGraphs ranks the top 29 prospects in the Marlins organization. The very top of their list is similar to our own, though it’s surprising to see undrafted reliever Matt Pushard featured at No. 20 and athletic infielder Ian Lewis dropped all the way to No. 28.
- Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald and Brian Dunleavy of Marlin Maniac both look at why Sandy Alcantara hasn’t come close to recapturing his 2022 form.
- Glenn Geffner’s View from the Bleachers has a two–part series up on the many decisions that the Marlins must make in the coming months.
- Happy 23rd birthday to Chase Luttrell. In his first full professional season, the outfielder is slashing .304/.356/.506 for Low-A Jupiter.
- The Miami Heat face the Denver Nuggets in Game 1 of the NBA Finals tonight. Good luck to the ~68% of you who voted that you root for the Heat in addition to the Fish.