Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Monday’s Marlins MiLB notes: Congrats to Jeff Lindgren (Jacksonville), José Devers (Pensacola) and Fabian López (DSL Miami) on winning Pitcher/Player of the Week honors in their respective leagues. Zach McCambley made his second rehab appearance for FCL Marlins. It was his first professional relief appearance and it came on only two days’ rest. Sure seems like the Marlins are transitioning the 2020 draft pick to the bullpen.
- The Marlins are still awaiting clarity on Trevor Rogers‘ potential right shoulder injury (h/t Jordan McPherson, Miami Herald). Remember to bookmark our Marlins injury/rehab tracker for frequent updates.
- Elsewhere around the majors, J.T. Realmuto became the first Phillies player since 2004 to hit for the cycle (though the Phillies still lost to the Diamondbacks). Four of the eight MLB games played on Monday went into extra innings. That includes the Braves blowing a 5-1 lead in their loss to the Tigers.
- In case you missed it, rewatch the latest episode of Fish On First LIVE discussing Sunday’s exhilarating comeback, the Marlins starting rotation and more. With chiropractic care and functional health, La Pop takes a preventative approach that optimizes wellness and quality of life for all ages. Find out more here!
- The Marlins have a 40.3% chance to win their next game against the Mariners, per FanGraphs. Triple-A Jacksonville (7:05 p.m. ET), Double-A Pensacola (7:35 p.m. ET), High-A Beloit (7:35 p.m. ET) and DSL Marlins (11:00 a.m. ET) are at home, while Low-A Jupiter (6:35 p.m. ET) and DSL Miami (11:00 a.m. ET) are on the road.
- Phase 1 of MLB All-Star voting continues through June 22. You can vote up to five times per email address each day—take advantage of it! Kevin Barral wrote about the candidacies of Luis Arraez, Jorge Soler, Bryan De La Cruz and Andrew Nardi.
- As of early Monday afternoon, Arraez led all National League second basemen with 509,092 All-Star votes, Major League Baseball announced. Soler (170,483) ranked fourth among NL designated hitters.
- ESPN’s Jesse Rogers reports on Arraez’s hitting preparation and how his teammates and opponents are in awe of his bat control.
- Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald details the role that video coordinator Austin Lamkey plays in the Marlins’ outstanding replay review success.
- Christina De Nicola of MLB.com spoke to general manager Kim Ng about beginning her professional baseball career with the White Sox in the 90s.
- Glenn Geffner’s View from the Bleachers asks what more is it going to take for the Marlins to draw fans to LoanDepot Park. Their per-game home attendance is only 301 above their average at this point a season ago.
Featured image courtesy of Miami Marlins